Friday, December 26, 2008

Changes

Changes can never happen overnight. It undergoes a process; it is actually a process, sometimes long and sometimes just in a pretty short time. There are changes that results in good or bad. Some change not noticing that they have already changed, some change because they have done it on purpose. But whatever changes that may be, it’s still change and nothings going to change that fact.

I always remember the saying that, “the only thing that is constant in the world is change”. That fact is already proven a long time before I was born, and even I can never change it. I looked up in the dictionary on what does the word constant means, and it says there, constant is continually recurring; persistent. A thing that is unchanging and invariable.” Even in the meaning of “constant” the word “change” was still mentioned there. Now I looked up for the meaning of change—I mean I don’t even know if you still need to know the meaning of it, but anyway for those who doesn’t know the meaning of it, here is your chance to know what it means. “Change is to be or cause to be different, the act, process or result of changing.” Even though the word “constant” was not there, there was this word that I mentioned at the first part, that change is a process. It doesn’t happen in one snap of a finger or in one blink of an eye. It is a process. It is a process that all people have experienced, and right now a lot is still experiencing it.

Changes are always present in my life, and even with a lot of people. Changes sometimes hurt, sometimes it feels good, and sometimes you just can’t feel anything about it. But one thing is for sure in the change that happens to me, it really feels good after the process, because I know that when I change, I change for the better good.

There are some changes that are really hard to resist, and there are some that it just happens. But there are times that you don’t even know that you can change it, that you will just be surprised that you have changed without putting an effort to it, you have already changed. You will even feel proud of yourself when that happens.

There are changes that are complicated. Complicated because there are some things that needs to be sacrificed for you to be fully changed, and sometimes that sacrifice will really hurt. But even if it does really hurt, you will have no choice but to do it because you have to, you need to change.

There’s this one time in where I just asked myself, is change really necessary? why can’t something just stay the way that it is? I mean if that thing is already good why does it have to change? One short answer came up to me. Everything that happens has it’s own purpose, God never allows something if it won’t help us, and that it only proves that God is in control of everything. God holds everything in the palm of His hand. Even He allows changes to happen in the whole world not only to us—but of course that change in the world would still affect us no matter what.

Changes are always for the better good, I have already proved it. God allows changes to happen to us so that we can be better persons. Recently God changed a lot of things in my life and it feels really good that I have changed. It really proves that God always wants what is best for all of us. Changes in life are really exciting, because you can never know what result would take place in the change that you are in.

We should always be thankful if we are undergoing changes in life, it may be a hard one, but still we should be thankful about it because we can be assured that after it, we would become much better persons that we are before. The mere fact that change is present in our lives is a great proof that we do have a life, a life that is great, beautiful, and very exciting.

No comments: